Starting my first SWRT

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. I suppose it’s a personal thing but I don’t think I would have mine on display :drooling-face:

IMG_9087.png

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Most refugiums, for sump-systems have the refugium as part of the sump but it does not need to be that way. It seems is that your thought is to have the refugium be a macro algae display tank. That is certainly possible but it may prove difficult to implement in a way that is both pleasing to look at and easy to maintain. Having three 'tanks': main display tank, macro algae display tank and sump would work but keeping everything working in concert could prove difficult. You could, maybe, design a sump with the refugium section along the front of the sump with a black-out partition to the 'guts' of the sump, if you have a way to provide easy access to the rear sections for your filtration, temperature stabilization and return plumbing.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48X20X13 55 gal Glass tank that i want to be my display tank.
Is there such a thing as a Display refugium? I have a 30X18X13 30 Gal bellow and would like to have a display type refugium with red algae Choates, and marine life like seahorses clams and corals. is that possible?
I have read and watched youtube channels but am not sure if i need a complete sump along with it including skimmers and other sump things.

tanksetup.jpg
Welcome!
How Are You Doing Whats Up GIF

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome! Anything can be done in this hobby. I think there are too many "rules" sometimes. People keep things all the time with setups outside the norm.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 58 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back