Starting new bio cube

dakotanut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2018
Messages
200
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting 32 gallon Bio Cube this weekend. I'm going dry sand (gravel) and dry Hiatian rock. How much sand do I need? I've got the stuff for bacteria. Thanks.
 
How do I know what depth to go with? That's my biggest concern.
 
Depth is mostly personal preference. Some like deep sand beds and say it is a home for good bacteria to work. And some like shallow sand beds for ease of cleaning.
 
I put 1 inch of live sand in it. Just started last nite. Put live bacteria and some powder to help jump start the cycle. See my build in the cube build section.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new