Starting over the right way!

If you are setting up a new system, you may as well go with new everything instead of taking a risk that you might pass something bad along to the new tank. (Yep, I did that.) Tearing down your new tank will be disheartening and perhaps make you want to give up. We want you here showing off your tank instead of tearing it down. This is just my opinion -- you do what you need to do. :) I'm glad you have come back to the party. Welcome back!

Godzilla Jumping In.gif
 
If you are setting up a new system, you may as well go with new everything instead of taking a risk that you might pass something bad along to the new tank. (Yep, I did that.) Tearing down your new tank will be disheartening and perhaps make you want to give up. We want you here showing off your tank instead of tearing it down. This is just my opinion -- you do what you need to do. :) I'm glad you have come back to the party. Welcome back!

Godzilla Jumping In.gif
Thanks for the advice! I am going to go with the two 40lb bags of dry sand from BRS. You are absolutely right, I do not want to be tearing down my brand new system. Going to keep it as pure as possible with dips and QT etc.
 
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the rebuild! Looks like it'll be a fun journey for you. Hope the transition goes smoothly and, imo, I wouldn't reuse your sand. It's likely to have all the nasties you mentioned in it, so not a great idea.
 
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the rebuild! Looks like it'll be a fun journey for you. Hope the transition goes smoothly and, imo, I wouldn't reuse your sand. It's likely to have all the nasties you mentioned in it, so not a great idea.
Thank you! Yeah i agree. I have 80 lbs of sand on the way!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new