Starting to Compile Hardware

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to get my wood floors completely renovated - still waiting for insurance to approve and then have to get it done. Only point I say this is to note that I have plenty of time to plan my first saltwater tank.

I am beginning to slowly compile all the hardware I will need. I don't know the exact tank I will get, but I estimate it will be roughly 40 gallons. More likely smaller than larger as I am limited on space in a Manhattan apartment. As for a sump. I guess it would be a 10-20 gallon tank or so?

Anyway, I am going to create a running list here of what I have, and what I need. Here is what I have already ordered:

1. for skimmer, I haven't ordered but deciding between the Magus Curve 5 and the CoralVue Octopus Needle Wheel 4 inch.

2. Jebao DCT-6000 Water Pump

3. AutoAqua Smart ATO

4. EHEIM Jager heater 125w

So what other hardware (or even dry rock) can I begin accumulating in preparation for when I can finally choose a tank and have it shipped once my floors are re-done?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how limited for space you are, a sump is not a requirement only a nicety.

Outfit a 40 Breeder tank with a Tunze Reefpack 250 and all you need to add after this is outfitted are lights and flow.

The reefpack comes with two "matching" units.....one is a power filter, reactor and hideaway for ATO sensor and heater. The other is a matching skimmer. They magnetically mount inside the display tank.

Very clever and efficient, and nice to have everything hidden in just these two little boxes. :)

Comline® Reefpack 250

The Comline® Reefpack 250 features an optimum combination of technical filter components for seawate... mehr

213.96 USD

There are lots of ways you can choose to outfit the rest of the tank, but here are some logical suggestions to go with the Reefpack:

The ATO:

Osmolator® nano

Water level controller with only one sensor for nano aquariums or small aquariums with up to 200 lit... mehr

99.37 USD

The flow (x2):

Turbelle® nanostream® 6045

for aquariums from 40 to 500 liters (10 to 135 USgal.). Flow rate: 1,500 to about 4,500 l/h (40... mehr

78.02 USD

The lights (multiple units):

LED marine eco chic

Suitable for stony coral aquariums up to approx. 20 liters (5.3 USgal.) and soft coral aquariums up ... mehr

69.56 USD

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back