starting up a seahorse nano…ideas, please!

Hillpag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello seahorse lovers, I am starting a 32 gallon nano seahorse tank. Seems a nice size for a pair. Advice please! Additional equipment? Designs? Inspirations? Please help me get off to the right foot. Thanks all!’

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a good skimmer I would recommend for sure. It’s hard to find good ones for bio cubes is thats the type of tank. Plus if it comes with a built in hood you may have issues with heat.
the size for a pair is good.
Bare bottom is also something to consider, easier to maintain and siphon.
Give us more information on your plans and other can chime in. Photos help also.

OP
OP
Hillpag

Hillpag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a good skimmer I would recommend for sure. It’s hard to find good ones for bio cubes is thats the type of tank. Plus if it comes with a built in hood you may have issues with heat.
the size for a pair is good.
Bare bottom is also something to consider, easier to maintain and siphon.
Give us more information on your plans and other can chime in. Photos help also.
Thank you so much for this! It’s extremely helpful. I’ve always considered doing a bare bottom. Great idea! Do you have Rex on a good skimmer for biocubs? Issues with heat, I hadn’t considered this. Thoughts on a cooler? In light of this information, Do you think I would be better off doing a custom build?

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it a bio cube like I’m thinking it is, with the built in hood and light with the chambers in the back. Not many options on skimmers. You can do with skimmer so long as you do good maintenance. BB makes it easier.
I don’t run chillers or heaters, but the house stay cool enough for the most part. I live in a hot climate. South Louisiana. Chillers are a nice thing to have but expensive and with a bunch of tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Other.

Back