Starving CUC.

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,348
Reaction score
1,743
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, about 3 weeks ago, I was having a bad GHA bloom, but after I added 3 stometella snails a week ago, then a week went by and all the GHA was gone. I am worried that my CUC will starve. I have a Urchin, 3 trochus snails, 3 stometellas, a hermit, a green emerald crab, a peppermint shrimp, and a sea cucumber. I also have a tomini Tang.
 
You can also use sinking algae wafers.
I’ve seen my PO4 sky rocket when I have used the ones for plecos. But, I never noticed any impact on my system. Man, CUC run from all corners to get up on an algae wafer. .
 
At the office tank (where I very rarely visit) we had bad hair algae, and it was time to fight-fire-with-fire. So I dropped in a big snail, a Tuxedo Urchin, and a Sea Hare. One week later, we had to start feeing sinking algae pellets and Nori sheets on a clip. LOL! 😎
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new