Staten Island Aquarium

That was a great video of a large scale filtration system. I really like the sump sock method they have going. The video is called:

Ferry Fish Tanks Video
 
I live like 10 minutes away. I was there about two months ago because I was in the area and stopped in to check out the progress. They were coming along but as you can see they are done.I have to make my way over there to snap a few pics for everyone. This is a much needed attraction. The Staten Island Zoo which is 5 minutes from me has a few marine tanks, some with coral. Let me tell you that they are a complete horror show. :puke: Fish look like they have all sorts of diseases. The tanks that have coral are aiptasia plagued. I walked out of there thinking of charging people to come see my tank:laughing8:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new