Status check

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLHDesign
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
@DLHDesign Please don't take offense to this, but have you had your wife (or someone else) give you their opinion on the color chart? Some people are color blind to certain hues and don't even realize it. Another thing you can do is have a LFS or fellow hobbyist double check your readings using their test kit.
 
@Humblefish - No offense taken; that's a fantastic suggestion. I'll be sure to have my wife check before I move on to other options.

This test is also a very yellow/brown color range, which I would assume could be thrown off by bulb temp. For that reason, I've been sure to view the same test result under various shades - including natural daylight - to see if I would notice a difference. I did not; which is not surprising - we're running "daylight" LED bulbs in our kitchen (5000k) so that I could adequately see the colors of the foods I/we cook (I've got a culinary degree, so our kitchen is set up as a "near-professional" kitchen).
 
@DLHDesign I find it hard to sometimes read API's yellow/brown shade myself. I do better with Seachem/Salifert's blue shades. Unfortunately, those two test kits won't read chelated copper. :(
 
I've done a few WC on the QT, dosed in some more of the "copper", and ensured my ammonia doesn't spike up via small additions of Prime. I add a small amount of food each day and Peek-A-Go (the blenny) gobbles it up.

He's got at least 4 more days in QT to hit 14 days, but the plan is to keep him in there until the end of the month (30 days).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new