Staurocladia Crawling Hydromedusae?

oldschoolreefer26

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
64
Reaction score
123
Location
New Braunfels
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what these little guys are. Very difficult to get a good photo, but they’re at least twice the size of a copepod, round, sort of sun shaped with anywhere from 5-8 legs spread out symmetrically from the center. Best guess is staurocladia, any ideas?
20260903_160733_160AA580-A741-4915-9B34-2E0EBDC08BFB.png


20260903_160733_69A7819B-ED6E-4B08-B65B-876676A5523D.png


20260903_160733_BAA709E2-C316-4942-B3AF-64941067BC35.png
 
New tank? Do they move?
I am only guessing perhaps Hydroid Jelly fish.
Or the smaller variety of Brittle Stars.
 
New tank? Do they move?
I am only guessing perhaps Hydroid Jelly fish.
Or the smaller variety of Brittle Stars.
Yes about 2 months old, got some galaxy pods from algae barn about a week ago. The pod population has exploded and these guys with it.
I haven’t actually seen them move, but I’m assuming they do since they weren’t on the glass yesterday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new