Steel tank stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Plata01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for the replies vertigo. I will look into it. Nice stand pfoxgrover and thank you for the long explanation about your stand. Sorry about not replying sooner or for my short reply but I had an unfortunate problem with my tank. My apex dosed my tank with alk for 58 1/2 minutes per hour for twelve hours instead of 1 1/2 minutes per hour for 12 hours and my alk got as high as 20+ dkh. My favorite coral, an 8 inch Hollywood stunner, turned completely white and other coral died too. Below are before and after

20171228_190319.jpg


20180120_194059.jpg


20180112_185107.jpg


20180130_190152.jpg


20180131_182545.jpg


20180130_190217.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies vertigo. I will look into it. Nice stand pfoxgrover and thank you for the long explanation about your stand. Sorry about not replying sooner or for my short reply but I had an unfortunate problem with my tank. My apex dosed my tank with alk for 58 1/2 minutes per hour for twelve hours instead of 1 1/2 minutes per hour for 12 hours and my alk got as high as 20+ dkh. My favorite coral, an 8 inch Hollywood stunner, turned completely white and other coral died too. Below are before and after

20171228_190319.jpg


20180120_194059.jpg


20180112_185107.jpg


20180130_190152.jpg


20180131_182545.jpg


20180130_190217.jpg
 
Thanks for the replies vertigo. I will look into it. Nice stand pfoxgrover and thank you for the long explanation about your stand. Sorry about not replying sooner or for my short reply but I had an unfortunate problem with my tank.
Wow. That sucks! Did you have a ph probe able to shut down you alk doing via apex?
 
I didn't, I need to get one.
 
mkj what profile are you using specifically? I have a 6ft 200 I'm planning to build a new stand for, and am looking for 80x20 profiles on 8020.net, but they seem to only have two available at a much higher price than you quoted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new