• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Steven w - Disappointing experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mlew12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Steven w
I purchased a Torch 3 pack (sale post) from Steven w. He did not follow through on his described shipping method and didn't disclose the full condition of one of the torches (this one's more on me, see below). I would not purchase from him again and don't recommend him unless you can pick up locally.

Prior to paying, I asked how he ships. His response was:

"I ship euphyllia suspended upside down so it never comes into contact with the bag. Ship overnight using heat packs double bagged with plenty of water for each piece. And include a nice freebie with each shipped box to help offset the shipping costs."

I agree to purchase and send payment shortly after.

On arrival, the box was visibly wet and very soggy to the touch. Inside the inner styrofoam box, there's some packing material and then each torch individually bagged, stacked on top of each other. They are not suspended in any way and are clearly contacting the bag. For those that don't know, this is important for euphyllia as damage to the heads can be a death sentence and shipping can be very rough.

They are actually triple bagged in ziplock bags, but one or more of the bags (hard to tell) still managed to leak significantly. Better quality bags may have easily solved this problem. There are heat packs on top and bottom, however there was no freebie included. I don't care so much about getting another boring Zoa freebie, but that was stated by him in the sale post and again in PM.

I also take issue that the condition of the Aussie torch was not fully disclosed. 1/4 of the head has tissue recession that has happened for a while. You can tell as the surrounding skeleton is dark, covered by algae as opposed to white. This is more of my fault for not asking for more pictures, but a reputable seller probably would have said something.

I've sent two follow up messages and after 24 hours with no response, I'm assuming he's ignoring me. In the end, the torches appear undamaged from shipping and I mostly got what I paid for. There's no telling if the Aussie torch will survive in the long run, could go either way. I'm disappointed he did not follow through on expectations he set himself and won't acknowledge it. Why not just do what you say and if you can't, apologize and say so?

IMG_20190327_100711.jpg IMG_20190327_100827.jpg
IMG_20190327_113902.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back