steve's deep blue 80 gallon reef ready build.

Steven R

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
901
Reaction score
153
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to build a frag tank and went big with it heres the equipment and pics. Tell me what you think?


TANK 80 GALLON DEEP BLUE REEF READY
Sicce voyager series 2 x 2
Sicce voyager series 3 x 1
Rio hyper flow 17 for return
Via aqua digital titanium heater

FLITRATION
24 inch glo t5 system running 6,500k bulbs x 2 over my DSB and chaetomorpha
DIY 40 gallon sump. Sump contains 4in of sand with 3in of miracle mud on top.
Dual 300 micron filter socks.
Precision marine redline 100 skimmer. I am thinking of moving this to my other system and putting my reef octopus nwb-150 in here.

Lighting
Wave point retro kit 4x59 watt x 2 Rewired for independent control of bulbs.

BULB COMBO
ATI CORAL + X 4
ATI BLUE + X 3
ATI PURPLE+ X 1


I have been waiting to build this system for quite awhile and I am finally getting it off the ground. feel free to comment and I will be uploading progress pics in the future. System was bought at Ocala Aquariums and they did a outstanding job all around helping me get everything I needed with in a week and everything was a special order. So hats of to Ocala Aquariums for making this a enjoyable experience.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-03-02_18-30-12_516.jpg
    2012-03-02_18-30-12_516.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 691
  • 2012-03-02_18-52-17_327.jpg
    2012-03-02_18-52-17_327.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 688
  • 2012-03-02_20-49-04_237.jpg
    2012-03-02_20-49-04_237.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 578
  • 2012-03-02_20-49-13_813.jpg
    2012-03-02_20-49-13_813.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,622
  • 2012-03-03_15-19-46_333.jpg
    2012-03-03_15-19-46_333.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 781
I have more pics but I can not get them to load. will try again in a little while.
 
Lookin' good! How's it coming so far?
 
Looking forward to it!
 
Trying to update but cannot find my camera cables.. will post soon though
 
I just found out that deep blue makes this size tank. It looks really awesome. Good find! I'm tagging along to follow your build.
 
I love these 80gal frag tanks, cant wait to pick one up myself!! Looking forward to your updates!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new