Stick'em for Equipment Cabinet

  • Thread starter Thread starter reelss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reelss

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2018
Messages
328
Reaction score
133
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I am building an equipment cabinet out of wood, and wanted to know what others have used to mount controllers and power bricks to wood panels? Ideally looking for a velcro based solution but the ones that I have tried in the best have failed over time.

What has worked for you?
 
I've actually used screws to secure them to a wood panel. I've also used the stuff pictured below that I picked up at the Big Box Orange store. Really strong stuff.

20180329_211158.jpg
 
I wouldn't use anything that was purely adhesive based as it will more than likely fail over time.

I would personally use screws, but it you are set on using some sort of hook and loop fastener, I'd at least staple it to the cabinet and periodically replace what is on the device.

I know someone that did some serious damage to their tank (multiple times) when the adhesive failed on their mount and the dosing head fell in the tank. Each time a different doser, but similar results. The worst was the alkilinity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new