Stock List for 62g Lagoon - Thumbs Up or Uh oh

Mercury2234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have a 62g Tideline Lagoon (48.5”L x 18.5”W x 15.75”H) and I was wondering if you see any issues with both my current and future stock. Apologies for the blue lights (playing with new lights that arrived!)

Currently in DT:
(1) Black Storm Clown (1.5”)
(1) Flame Hawk (2.5”)
(1) Midas Blenny (3”)
(1) Flame Angel (3”)
(1) Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (4”)

Currently in QT:
(1) Royal Gramma (2”)

Planning to Possibly Add:
(1) Red Sea 8 Line Wrasse (LFS has a beautiful full grown male but afraid he may be too big?) or (1) Mccosker Flasher Wrasse ( leaning towards because he is smaller)
(1) Starcki Damsel
(1) Tomini Tang

That should be it for the entire stock. While I have (5) fish right now, the tank sort of feels empty still because both Midas & Flame Hawk is usually stationary in their spot, and the tiny clown just swims in the same spot most of the time.

Open to any suggestions whether to add or remove any stock.

Thanks in advance
IMG_4425.jpeg

OP
OP
Mercury2234

Mercury2234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I thought Starcki’s were less aggressive compared to most other Damsels. I originally wanted an African Flameback Angel but I heard it’s a hard no for my tank with the Flame Angel.

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I thought Starcki’s were less aggressive compared to most other Damsels. I originally wanted an African Flameback Angel but I heard it’s a hard no for my tank with the Flame Angel.
My starcki was definitely less aggressive than the yellowtail I had before it so it could've just been a one off experience.

OP
OP
Mercury2234

Mercury2234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask, are you sure the Red Sea 8 Line Wrasse isn’t going to make things crowded with the Exquisite Fairy Wrasse? I’ll make to sure to use an acclimation box post QT.

The 8 line in my LFS seems to be full grown (~4” and bulky) but absolutely stunning! Seemed abit shy but was eating fine when he was fed in front of me. I almost bought it but held off…

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask, are you sure the Red Sea 8 Line Wrasse isn’t going to make things crowded with the Exquisite Fairy Wrasse? I’ll make to sure to use an acclimation box post QT.

The 8 line in my LFS seems to be full grown (~4” and bulky) but absolutely stunning! Seemed abit shy but was eating fine when he was fed in front of me. I almost bought it but held off…
If your fairy is also a male you may have a problem with aggression. The acclimation box is a good idea. Id watch their interactions and if you notice anything extreme take the 8 line back.
Or if you want to avoid that maybe check out a yellow coris wrasse? I have one in my 75 and he is one of my favorite, lots of personality and very passive with his tankmates

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back