Stock stand for JBJ 45

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Was wondering who has the stock stand and how is it? Has anyone done any mods to make it stronger or be able to add something? I just put mine together yesterday and found that I didn't like the piece that was in the middle nor the shelf ( at least maybe I'll add a shelf later) but I want to put a sump in there and wondering how strong the stand is without that middle piece. Was thinking about adding 2x2's to each corner or a 2x2 in the front and back and then a 2x2 across the top of those to make a additional brace for it. Any thoughts or ideas
Thanks

Marktheshark83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it helps much but I have the stock stand for the 30gallon model. I like it. Has a good spot for ro water storage and shelves for storage. Instructions were crap, but I found better easier ones online

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm going to remove the middle support and support it on the outside diameter ( inside the cabinet with 2x2's

BlueRay33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob, I think you've seen my YouTube videos. Here is a picture of my Sump setup

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have seen your videos and we have talked back and forth. I like the setup and I'm going to go with a Aqueon refugium I think. It looks like it will fit and the best bang for the buck. I'm been studying these things for the longest time.
I'm in Milwaukee would the company that did ship?
I seen you got the water storage from intanks. I can almost walk to their place but their sumps are a little high.
I put in 1x4 underneath two on each side and then across the top with the side ones supporting the top ones very secure

BlueRay33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reservoir is actually a Trigger Systems Crystal ATO Reservoir Tank that I got from MarineDepot during a Black Friday sale. I just put that InTanks sticker on it.

Not sure if the person that did my custom sump ships. I found him on eBay and picked up locally.

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it helps much but I have the stock stand for the 30gallon model. I like it. Has a good spot for ro water storage and shelves for storage. Instructions were crap, but I found better easier ones online
I also have the stand for the 30 gallon and like it. Yeah I had someone else put it together for me. :D I wont be adding a sump but plan to do an ATO at some point and there is room for a 5 gallon container.

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do plan on getting a ATO as well but money is tight as we all know too well a bit at a time

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I do plan on getting a ATO as well but money is tight as we all know too well a bit at a time
Oh believe me I understand I had to stop having UPS come everyday, people were starting to talk:D

OP
OP
Bob Escher

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know what your saying there and the postal service and the maid and the housekeeper (NOT only dreaming) LOL

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 95 44.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back