Stocking a 120g cube?

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
7,312
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK cube keepers, so I have some space constraints, and am thinking of custom building a 42*36* 18 or 24H cube. One of my questions is, what are the limitations with stocking a cube? Since the swimming length is not there, are there a lot of limitations when it comes to fish and coral?
 
Maybe a yellow purple or bristletooth tang, wrasse, dwarf angel or two some clowns a sand sifting goby
 
Does the gallon per inch rule still apply... within reason of course? Im used to tanks 48" and longer. This is going to be a whole new world for me.
 
The 1 inch rule never really applied to be honest, its a rough guideline

Yeah, I was more wondering if the cube shape affects it. I'm glad to hear its not going to be a huge issue.
 
Yeah, I was more wondering if the cube shape affects it. I'm glad to hear its not going to be a huge issue.
generally it would make it less important as the fish have two axises to swim on both left to right and front to back :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new