Stocking advice for 32gal biocube

angrynoodle11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody,

I'm new here! Have been lurking around for a bit while I was getting things set up and cycled, and I finally added 2 clownfish yesterday! A black ocellaris and a mocha domino.

Looking forward, I'm excited to get more fish. Looking for some advice on what makes sense, and how much is too much for a 32gal biocube. Here's what I'm thinking of adding with the 2 clowns:

Royal gramma
Yellow watchman goby
Blue/Green Chromis
Pajama Cardinalfish

I think this might be one too many, as I believe most people limit to 5 fish total in the 32 gal. Thoughts on the best 3 to add with the clowns?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, you're fine - 6 fish is totally doable. As long as you have good filtration and you're able to keep your levels in-check, you should be fine. FYI, I kept 13 fish in a 25-gallon at one point and all were happy, healthy and fat as pigs. The key is having different types, ie: ones that like clinging to anemones and euphyllia, ones that like to lurk in rocks, ones that like to explore and ones that prefer cruising along the top, bottom and middle.

OP
OP
A

angrynoodle11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input! Good to hear that this might work. I’ll be adding slowly to make sure all is good with filtration and water quality.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggestions: Fang Blenny & Chalk Bass. I have one of each in a 20-gallon AIO now with a Skunk Clown and a Yellow Tail Damsel. Lots of color, lots of movement, no fighting. :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back