Stocking advice for my 125 Gallon Mixed Reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter nature786
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nature786

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
566
Reaction score
30
Location
Chester, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started a 125(previously running for 3 years) when I bought it, I even brought the water just to keep it a mature system. I would like to have about 5 tangs but this is a wish and I will change my mind depending on the advice of other fellow more experienced reefers.
Currently I have a Scopas and Blue Hippo Tang in there. They both eat plenty and are constantly active.
I hope to add the following three unless it won't be a good idea:
Blond Naso/ regual Naso Tang
Magnificent Foxface
Powder Brown Tang.

Also please give me other recommendations that would make a good addition to my tank. I would like to have this tank heavily stocked.

Thanks
 
No for the naso IMO, I really would keep 3, MAYBE 4 larger (8 inches or so max) more active fish in there. But that's me....
 
I would stick with 3 larger fish for a 125. In my 125 I have a Magnificent Foxface and then a Kole Tang and Powder Brown Tang in QT. Definitely a no on the Naso as they get far too large. Even the Blue Hippo will be a bit cramped when full size in a 125 (they get over a foot, and the tank is only 18" wide. Add in rock, and it will barely be able to turn around!). The Scopas should be ok. So if you are going to keep the Blue Hippo & Scopas, I would recommend just adding a Magnificent Foxface and leaving out the other two :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new