Stocking fish in a 33 gallon tank

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, today I just added a tail spot blenny in my tank. My plan was to get a firefish goby (or 2), but my lfs didn’t have any today. I’m now at 3 fish total in my 33 gallon tank. I’m not sure how I would feel about a mandarin goby yet and I’m not getting a fish if I have doubt on my ability to keep it alive.

What other fish can I get that goes well with a tail spot blenny? I’d like to avoid stuff that cannot go with it since that blenny cost me 56$ CAD after taxes. I was thinking that 5 or 6 fish is my maximum number of fish in a 33 gallon tank.

Note: I released the blenny in my tank. The photo was taken during acclimation.

IMG_0192.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may have missed it, but what do you have now?

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are good, would only do 1 firefish, they dont really do well in pairs. Theres also gobies, royal gramma, cardnial fish that are great for your tank!
Thanks! My little tail spot hid somewhere in the tank. Yeah, my lfs told me that 2 firefish goby would do great, but I’ll definitely get one.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My little tail spot hid somewhere in the tank. Yeah, my lfs told me that 2 firefish goby would do great, but I’ll definitely get one.
Yeah they will do that to sell you them… dont take their advice. I learned that the hard way!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably add a sand sifting goby (watchmens are super cool with a pistol shrimp buddy), a royal gramma for color and a type of cardinal fish! That would be a peaceful reef with lots of colors!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 clowns and a tail spot blenny. I couldn’t get more fish as my tank wasn’t covered.
I would strongly suggest a yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp! Very cool to watch.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably add a sand sifting goby (watchmens are super cool with a pistol shrimp buddy), a royal gramma for color and a type of cardinal fish! That would be a peaceful reef with lots of colors!
Thanks! I’ll see if they have a pistol shrimp paired with a watchman goby. I saw a watchman goby once there, but not pistol shrimps. And I did plan on getting something to move the sand as there is one area in my tank that is red.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I’ll see if they have a pistol shrimp paired with a watchman goby. I saw a watchman goby once there, but not pistol shrimps. And I did plan on getting something to move the sand as there is one area in my tank that is red.
They really are cool. They never stop working

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always order a pistol shrimp online to pair with a watchmen goby. I got mine separate and when I was holding him in my hand and lowering him into the sand bed my goby popped out and swam right over to him and theyve been buddies for a year now!

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always order a pistol shrimp online to pair with a watchmen goby. I got mine separate and when I was holding him in my hand and lowering him into the sand bed my goby popped out and swam right over to him and theyve been buddies for a year now!
I’ll see what I can do about that. Ordering online now will kill it as it’s winter. Also, next week will be very cold. Too cold for fish delivery. When I say very cold, it’s -20 degrees celsius outside.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll see what I can do about that. Ordering online now will kill it as it’s winter. Also, next week will be very cold. Too cold for fish delivery. When I say very cold, it’s -20 degrees celsius outside.
Oh yeah 100% wait for a warmer day!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your tailspot will love sleeping in a barnacle if you have any. You can also order them on eBay and Amazon.

OP
OP
Oiseaufeu

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tailspot will love sleeping in a barnacle if you have any. You can also order them on eBay and Amazon.
Orders will not be possible at the moment. It’s toi cold for that now. My amazon has no live animals sold in there. But thanks for the suggestion. Also, my tank is 6 months old. Not sure if it’s mature enough for a barnacle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back