Stocking for 425xl

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

I had had my tank up and running for a couple months now with live rock and have the following in the tank:

-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 cleaner shrimp
-Some clean up crew which has some small hermit, 3-4 emerald crabs, some urchins

I also recently started adding some corals and have 2 different types of zoas and a pulsing xenia and and going to stick with lps and softy type corals. I am starting to looking at adding more fish and this is the list I have so far and wanted to get some suggestions on the list:

- 1 royal gramma
- 1 tomini tang
- Wrasses (Six Line, Melanurus, Yellow Corris) Not sure how many or what is a good number
- 3 Dispar Anthias
- 2 Firefish
- Watchman goby with pistol shrimp
- Flame Hawkfish

I don't have a massive aquascape and it only goes roughly halfway up the tank and some islands so I have a decent amount of swimming room at the moment for the fish. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for the help and advice!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine, although you'll need to probably upgrade or rehome the tang at some point. I have a sixline and malanarus and they get along fine with all my reef inhabitants.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have same aquarium stocked with:

Orange Shoulder Tang
Foxface Tang
Sohal Tang
Copperband
Melanurus wrasse
2 Clowns
Orange Back Wrasse

They get along very well

EAA31D1B-B319-4BD0-925B-F0F94F43249C.jpeg

B497F318-09A1-494B-8E2E-00197999B6B6.jpeg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

I had had my tank up and running for a couple months now with live rock and have the following in the tank:

-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 cleaner shrimp
-Some clean up crew which has some small hermit, 3-4 emerald crabs, some urchins

I also recently started adding some corals and have 2 different types of zoas and a pulsing xenia and and going to stick with lps and softy type corals. I am starting to looking at adding more fish and this is the list I have so far and wanted to get some suggestions on the list:

- 1 royal gramma
- 1 tomini tang
- Wrasses (Six Line, Melanurus, Yellow Corris) Not sure how many or what is a good number
- 3 Dispar Anthias
- 2 Firefish
- Watchman goby with pistol shrimp
- Flame Hawkfish

I don't have a massive aquascape and it only goes roughly halfway up the tank and some islands so I have a decent amount of swimming room at the moment for the fish. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for the help and advice!
Looks pretty good. I only see 1 issue, and it's the 6 line. If you want it, the 6 line should be the only wrasse. I would skip it, and get the other 2.

OP
OP
blalaw87

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be worried about the order. I won’t be doing it all at once. I thought I have read that the tang and the wrasse last?

Back