Stocking idea for a 65.4g AIO tank?

sweetcoralina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to be sure the fish will be comfortable. I am brand new to the hobby, didn't keep any fish before. The size is 1200 x 500 x 450mm (47.2" x 19.7" x 17.7").

7 Bartlett's anthias
a couple chromis/1 pair banggai cardinal
1 butterfly fish

Most source I read put butterfly fish in the 100g+ category but I saw people kept them in smaller tanks before. I was thinking to do a tank with just anthias and butterfly fish but I heard some smaller fish can distract them and keep the aggression between them lower.

My favorite is copperband for sure but as someone who never had fish before I don't know is that a good idea lol. So my two other plans would be auriga/pearlscale. But I saw that they are not safe with coral, is there anything I should know before having them? I didn't do too much research on corals yet considering I am still deciding on tank size. Another thing I worry is that AIO tanks with the weaker protein skimmer can it handle the anthias being fed multiple times a day, do I need extra stuff to filter the tank etc.

Thanks in advance!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stick with just these
7 Bartlett's anthias
a couple chromis/1 pair banggai cardinal

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back