Stocking List Input Wanted

Wradasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 60” 100 gallon lps dominated reef tank.

I’m installing a 40g sump/fuge next weekend to replace the wet dry I’ve had for a decade.

Current fish -
Foxface Lo
Pair of occ clowns
Springer Damsel
Royal Gramma
McCosker Flasher Wrasse

What I’m planning on adding -
Midas Blenny
Kole Tang
Flame Hawk
Mandarin

I feel that would be max capacity. If it’s not I’m open to suggestions on what else would work with this combination.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned a Foxface Lo, so I can't say how that fish would do with the list of new fish you'd like to get, but the usual personality of the Kole and Midas blenny are semi aggressive. The wrasse and gramma may be picked on if there is not enough room or hiding places. With that said, I've kept fairy wrasses, Flame hawk fish, Kole, and Midas together successfully. The Kole will sometimes chase other fish as will the midas blenny if a fish comes too near its home. These two will even chase the hawk fish from time to time, but no damage done. I've never added a mandarin into with these fish, so I can't speak about compatibility there. My mandarin is in with an o. clown and flame angel, though, and there is no aggression between these fish and the mandarin.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins are usually left alone, even by aggressive fish. The only fish that ever picked on my Mandy was a Solar Wrasse (aka Red Head Salon Fairy Wrasse), that was arguably the worst fish I have ever owned in terms of aggression.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stocklist should be fine together. As far as capacity each tank is different as far as what it can handle, so add slowly and test often.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back