Stocking my 80 gallon reef

ethans_aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Messages
45
Reaction score
18
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1693341939669.png

Here are the animals I would really like to have. What changes should I make?
Tank is 48x24x16 in, 20 gallon sump with filter socks changed every 2-3 days, protein skimmer, and refugium
 
If you're planning to have corals I'd lose the aiptasia eating filefish (it will eventually go after your corals). The red scooter dragonet has similar nutritional requirements to the mandarin dragonet, so I'd wait until you can establish an adequate copepod population first.

You may have too many gobies/shrimp for compatibility, but I'll let others weigh-in on those.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new