Stocking order help

PWReefer571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently preparing to stock my 26 gallon peninsula (Red Sea AIO) with a decent amount of live rock and sand. I'll be upgrading to the filter roller before I've fully stocked the tank as I'm not a fan of the filter socks(not sure if that impacts this question). I've gotten conflicting information from friends in the hobby and even different employees of the same LFS. I'm curious about my stocking order both for quantity and aggression. Clown pair > Diamond watchman goby > royal gamma > pink streak wrasse. Thank you in advance.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink streak > goby > clowns > gamma is the route i would go. Idk how well the clowns and gamma will get along in that size tank, both tend to be territorial fish and I'd imagine a clown pair will want most of the tank for themselves

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get little baby clowns they can go first. Ive always added clownfish first to my tanks with no issue. I have babies to adults. Only had one psycho clown out of the 5 pairs. Lost a pair in a crash but the adults in there now are chill

OP
OP
P

PWReefer571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink streak > goby > clowns > gamma is the route i would go. Idk how well the clowns and gamma will get along in that size tank, both tend to be territorial fish and I'd imagine a clown pair will want most of the tank for themselves

I will rethink the gamma. After all I would like to keep everyone as happy as possible.

OP
OP
P

PWReefer571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get little baby clowns they can go first. Ive always added clownfish first to my tanks with no issue. I have babies to adults. Only had one psycho clown out of the 5 pairs. Lost a pair in a crash but the adults in there now are chill
Plus little baby clowns are cute! :) but I agree with the above about adding that pink streak first
This was my plan after seeing the baby clownfish the last couple trips to the LFS. I can't deny the cuteness of baby clowns! Although I am rethinking that plan now.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my plan after seeing the baby clownfish the last couple trips to the LFS. I can't deny the cuteness of baby clowns! Although I am rethinking that plan now.
Yeah lots of people have horror stories about clowns, but its up to the individual clownfish. I lone had one that was nuts, she bit me all the time but never was mean to other fish. My maroon male attacks the algae scrubber. The rest are chill. I cant have a tank without clowns lol

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back