Stocking question

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,
Currently trying to finish stocking my 120 gal sps dominant reef. So far I got: a blue tang, a gem tang, a yellow halichores wrasse, a clown pair (Picasso x black storm), a bengai Cardinal pair, a pair of chalk bass, a gold Midas blenny and 2 white ghost ribbon eels, and a royal gramma. I was thinking of adding a pair of mandarins once the tank has a ton more pods, a foxface to help with some algae, a fairy wrasse, and a trio of carberryi anthias, a trio of Bartlett’s anthias and maybe some chromis . Does that sound like a good full stock list? I’m gonna get a couple inverts too, maybe a shrimp goby pair. In my experience the eels are super peaceful, unless it’s like a tiny tiny shrimp. I got a huge refugium, a super big skimmer, I carbon dose, I got a uv sterilizer, a cryptic biomedia reactor, carbon reactor and I dose chaeto gro. The tank is super clean… I’m not worried about bioload….the entire systems water volume is over 300 gal!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the stock you wish list is fine, although I would remove some of the anthias trios you plan. I have never had a Gem tang, a fish quite expensive for my possibilities, so I don't know his behavior, if that boy is aggressive then he would take the entry of fish with caution, just that. Your tank looks pretty good, I really like your aquascape but if you can, add more rock to your DT.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the stock you wish list is fine, although I would remove some of the anthias trios you plan. I have never had a Gem tang, a fish quite expensive for my possibilities, so I don't know his behavior, if that boy is aggressive then he would take the entry of fish with caution, just that. Your tank looks pretty good, I really like your aquascape but if you can, add more rock to your DT.
I would add more rock but I’m hoping the hard corals grow to fill a lot of the tank and provide places for the fish. Yeah I do agree it might be too many anthias one trio for sure though. My gem tang is super sweet, doesn’t bother anyone so far as I can see, even my little baby blue tang!

Upvote 0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back