ecas12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon display with the following inhabitants:

(1) 2 Clownfish
(2) One Spot Foxface (~4", will move when he starts to get bigger)
(3) Starry Blenny
(4) Tiger Pistol + YWG (at least I am pretty sure the goby is still alive haven't seen him in weeks)
(5) Pintail Fairy Wrasse
(6) Aiptasia Eating Filefish
(7) Multibar Angel (1" in size, currently in a holding container)

Looking for some stocking suggestions as the tank feels a bit empty at the moment. I don't want more shy fish that will hide in the rocks/corners of my tank, and I know I definitely want some sort of hawkfish, and most likely a pair of Banggai Cardinals.

I saw a really small blue damsel at my LFS today, I know they are famous for being evil, but everything in my tank barring the Angel is bigger than it, would it still try to bully much larger fish?

As a separate request for advice, I recently tried adding a Naoko fairy wrasse to my tank. Had him in an acclimation box for two weeks, dropped him in, and everything seemed to be going fine. The pintail wrasse would chase a little bit (and the pintail is bigger than the Naoko was), but never to the point where the Naoko was being forced into hiding. The Naoko was eating every time I fed as well without issues from the other fish. A few times I caught the wrasses swimming together around the tank with each other without any aggression. After about a week of the Naoko being in the tank, I went away for the weekend, and the person maintaining the tank saw nothing weird going on while I was gone. I then check Monday morning when I am back and the Naoko is dead, and from the state it was in, looked like it had already been eaten by some of my crabs as there were large chunks of it gone. I never confirmed what had killed the Naoko due to the state I found it in, but I don't believe it was the pintail wrasse, as since the Naoko died, my pintail has been terrified to come out when I am next to the tank feeding, going as far as to hide in the deepest crevices possible whenever I feed. The pintail has seemed increasingly stressed since the Naoko died, so my only guesses for the Naoko's demise, based on my pintail's behavior while the Naoko was in the tank and after it was gone, is that either the tiger pistol or potentially my emerald crab managed to kill him while he was looking for somewhere to sleep at night. I guess my question is, should I try again with another one? I was really upset when the Naoko passed as it seemed like everything was going so well before I had left, that for it to seemingly just die out of the blue was a real shocker. Another question tied to this is, should I add more rockwork to my tank to increase the quantity of hiding places for fish at night (picture attached from when it was first set up)? Currently, my pintail sleeps in the middle of the tank, my starry blenny commandeered a cave on the right, and the rabbitfish sleeps under the arch on the right side, leaving only the rockwork on the left side of the tank for things to hide in. The rock on the left side is where the pistol built his cave (he is underneath the rock), and the emerald crab sits deep inside another cave just above where the pistol lives. Behind the rock pictured is only sand, as I wanted to leave space for the powerheads to clean up detritus, but now I am thinking it is more important to have additional rockwork for things to hide in.

tank pic.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back