Stocking Suggestions for 75 gallon AIO reef tank

GavinTrz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
32
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I am currently in the process of breaking down my 75 gallon freshwater cichlid tank to begin the transition to a reef tank. I plan on getting the Fiji Cube AIO kit as I do not want a sump.
For my stocking list so far I have:
1x Tomini Tang (from what I have read online a 4ft tank is the minimum and if I notice the fish is getting too big rehoming is not a problem)
1x Yellow Coris Wrasse

As for fish if thought about:
2x designer clowns (my only hesitation is from when I kept smaller tanks, the clowns were super aggressive and I would like to avoid them bullying tankmates)
2x Banggai Cardinalfish
1x Firefish
1x Bicolor Blenny
1x Flame Hawkfish
1x Royal Gramma
1x Yellow Watchman Goby

I want to keep the stocking of the tank light, consisting of only 5 or 6 fish. I would also prefer if the fish served a purpose, similar to the tang for algae control and the wrasse for pest control. Please let me know what you all think! Id love to hear any ideas
 
That list is fine. I think a dwarf angel would be a good addition.
 
Hello everyone!
I am currently in the process of breaking down my 75 gallon freshwater cichlid tank to begin the transition to a reef tank. I plan on getting the Fiji Cube AIO kit as I do not want a sump.
For my stocking list so far I have:
1x Tomini Tang (from what I have read online a 4ft tank is the minimum and if I notice the fish is getting too big rehoming is not a problem)
1x Yellow Coris Wrasse

As for fish if thought about:
2x designer clowns (my only hesitation is from when I kept smaller tanks, the clowns were super aggressive and I would like to avoid them bullying tankmates)
2x Banggai Cardinalfish
1x Firefish
1x Bicolor Blenny
1x Flame Hawkfish
1x Royal Gramma
1x Yellow Watchman Goby

I want to keep the stocking of the tank light, consisting of only 5 or 6 fish. I would also prefer if the fish served a purpose, similar to the tang for algae control and the wrasse for pest control. Please let me know what you all think! Id love to hear any ideas
this works well imo- if you want a little bit more color though i’d replace the watchman for a bella goby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new