Stocking suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raghav
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Raghav

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1329.jpeg
I have a 50 gallon tank 39 x 16 x 17 inches but I don’t know what I should keep in it. I want something I can keep permanently and I wanna go lidless
 
All my tanks are lidless and have always been. There are certain fish to stay away from, for example I never owned a wrasse due to their jumping reputations. Jawfish are jumpers and so are chalk bass. So you need to be very selective of your fish, no aggressive fish that might chase other fish to jump. Personally I would add more rock to go lidless, or else keep a low fish load.
 
If there are fish you really want that would be a jumping risk, the DIY mesh route can look really sleek.
1000031191.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new