Stocking tangs

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting to get one or two of the following tangs but I've been very skeptical. I need some opinions, my tank is a 210 gallon reef with two gold stripe Maroon clownfish, a bunch of small wrasses (7 of them), a rabbit fish, and a blue jaw trigger.

The fish im interested in are-
Chevron Tang
Black long nose tang
Mimic Lemmon peel tang
LT tang
Purple tang

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Chevron, Regal & Mimic Lemon peel tang in my 185 & had no issues fo over a yr, the bad part is I lost the Mimic Recently. Not sure what happened, looked great one day gone the next never found him

OP
OP
Fin-up reefing

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Chevron, Regal & Mimic Lemon peel tang in my 185 & had no issues fo over a yr, the bad part is I lost the Mimic Recently. Not sure what happened, looked great one day gone the next never found him

Chevron tangs are a beauty. I heard they are touchy though right?

rednation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Chevron and hes been super hardy so far. He eats any and everything and grazes constantly. Hes probably the hardest working tang I have currently.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only complaint about the Cheverons is that they ultimately end up being a very pricey fish for a gorgeous juvie and a dull but ultimately a pretty dull and drab adult. I am a fan of the Mimic Tangs personally. Chocolate (aka Lemon Peel mimic) or Eibli.

Back