stomatella snail

Beretta

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2023
Messages
39
Reaction score
22
Location
Ormond beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question.. I just happen to catch my stomatella releasing eggs into my tank. I know I only have one that came as a hitchhiker over 6 months ago. Do the eggs need to be fertilized or can they hatch on their own??
Tried to look it up online but no luck so I figured my next best would be to ask on here. Appreciate any feedback.
 
I just received 6 from TBA last week if you want to increase your odds of having a breeding population. I also had only one hitchhike in a couple of years ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new