stop "alerting" me?

JohnMzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. I have gotten very good at never clicking "conversations" but now reef2reef is invading my alerts also?? Can this be turned off? Honestly, there are way too many options under account preferences and I don't know what half of them mean. I am a very casual user and sorry reef2reef but I will never give you money.

eag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I give r2r money and I have also been receiving such alerts :)

I fully support r2r and understand that such things are in the name of making r2r successful... But the alerts _are_ mildly annoying, especially the sponsored ones, it would be nice if supporters weren't subjected to them.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the top right corner of your web page and left click the word Account, next to the Avatar. It will drop down a small menu. Click the word preferences. From there, unclick all email preferences, etc.
Done. You are free to casually participate.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So.. I have gotten very good at never clicking "conversations" but now reef2reef is invading my alerts also?? Can this be turned off? Honestly, there are way too many options under account preferences and I don't know what half of them mean. I am a very casual user and sorry reef2reef but I will never give you money.

Thanks for the feedback and I understand your frustration. I’ll make sure you get removed and if anyone else don’t like the alerts I’ll make sure to post back here how to unsubscribe from them!

Give me a little while.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For what it's worth, I give r2r money and I have also been receiving such alerts :)

I fully support r2r and understand that such things are in the name of making r2r successful... But the alerts _are_ mildly annoying, especially the sponsored ones, it would be nice if supporters weren't subjected to them.
Great feedback as well. We’ll fix this as well!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PLEASE NOTE: If you want to stop receiving alerts like this from R2R please click this link, scroll down to the "Opt Out of Content Alerts and PMs" user group and click the "join user group" button. Also this account is NOT monitored. Thank you.

Last edited:

landonbeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree Might be helpful to change the wording to 'Receive activity summary emails and alerts'. I would not have guessed this setting was related to my alerts.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry that was the old way!

PLEASE NOTE: If you want to stop receiving alerts like this from R2R please click this link, scroll down to the "Opt Out of Content Alerts and PMs" user group and click the "join user group" button. Also this account is NOT monitored. Thank you.

Rooki3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I would like to stop receiving those types of alerts as well. However, the link above does not work anymore. Is there a new link or method? Thank you in advance.

Rooki3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that was the old way!

Hello, I would like to stop receiving those types of alerts as well. However, the link above does not work anymore. Is there a new link or method? Thank you in advance.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back