Stop Using UV

OnePuffMan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
51
Location
Chicagoland
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a UV for two years after a bad Ich/Velvet outbreak. Since repopulating my tank, I last added a mandarin 3 months ago and have no plan to add others. I may still add a few corals, but that is it.

I just had to replace the bulb and hosed it up, so I'll need to order another one, but it got me thinking: is there any reason to keep it going? The fish are all happy and no big changes are planned.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new