Stored live rock

clawsthecrab

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
bismarck, ar
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some live rock in a 5 gallon bucket with saltwater from 6 years ago. This bucket has been closed up with lid and outside. It has gone thru freezing and 100 degree temps this whole time. I started up a new tank 3 months ago but couldn't find my rock so i cycled tank with dry rock I purchased. Can I add the found rock to my tank now? what do I need to do first before adding? I am pretty sure anything that was on the rock is dead by now.
 
Hose it off to remove any dead stuff on the outside. Soak it in salt water for a week changing the water a few times. And or use a power head to circulate the water. Rinse it off 1 more time then put in tank. You may get a spike in nitrate and Po4.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new