Strange clown behavior?

Remmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could be wrong with this fish? It has been acting weird the last two days and has not wanted to eat. It does come out some but likes to just stay in the corner and seems like it is confused. I also noticed there is a white “string” coming from the bottom of it.

*updated* when I came home from work today.... the fish as died and the CUC is eating it.

* I can’t seem to upload the video for some reason, but the fish picked a corner and just swam in circles. Sometimes turning on it’s side and moving it’s fins really fast (if that makes any sense)

9931E745-01D4-40D4-A281-BF9BFF6CF5BC.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Remmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**update update (sorry) the dead fish is NOT the one who was acting weird. It was the smaller clown fish. I know they can be aggressive towards each other, but I never saw it. They have been together for 4 weeks. One was bigger. The fish that was acting strange is now acting normal.... any ideas

KingGrewe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.... just updated. It wasn’t the fish who was acting weird :( the one who was acting weird now seems fine....
The white stringy poop is most likely caused by a parasite. If it is, your whole tank is probably infected. I would treat with prazipro to be safe

OP
OP
R

Remmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! We will keep an eye on everyone and try that.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back