Strangest place Coral has encrusted?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2017
Messages
1,762
Reaction score
2,337
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180808_172524.jpg

Found this during some routine tank maintenance the other day – We had a pocillipora coral spawn in the tank as they do sometimes, and one of the larvae must have landed on the top of this 1/2in RFG nozzles and started growing. It’s less than an inch form the surface – directly under the Radions. Not sure how long it’s been there but I would guess a at least a few weeks.

I’m hoping to grow this nozzle out with this bright green cauliflower pocillipora – might be a nice show piece :-)

What is the strangest place you have had coral encrust over or grow on?
Didn’t happen without pictures so please be sure to post a pic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new