Strangest thing your urchin has picked up!?

kamakazian

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
536
Reaction score
294
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a pincushion sea urchin about a month ago. My LFS told me it might eat corraline algae (confirmed) and it might also try to pick up soft corals to "camouflage" itself (confirmed!!). Mine decided to grab some clove polyps and keep on trucking! It hasn't let go of it for weeks lol.

What other weird things have your sea urchins picked up??

20180609_114135.jpg
 
A plastic lid from one of those deli cups. I bought an anemone and when I was removing it, it regurgitated a crab and hurt itself pretty badly. It was healing in a little cup and one night the urchin pulled the lid off and I haven’t taken it back yet lol
 
I don't have pics, but once mine picked up a snail, that had picked up a snail, that had picked up a snail, worst aquatic centipede reference ever.
 
So guess what happened THIS MORNING?

That's right! I caught Dan the Urchin giving Sean the Torch a piggy back ride.

AAAD4BEF-3A17-4F46-9F44-6A13DC57B642.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new