Stratosphere’s

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept plenty of Zoas over the years, but the stratospheres are a little different. I’ve had no issues with coloration or them opening. They are usually the first opening in the morning and the last to close at night and have colored up beautifully.

How fast do these things grow once they really take hold of your tank? I’m not interested in fragging them, but they are currently on a rock that is about the size of a golf ball. I am trying to figure out if I should move them to a larger rock now or if I have plenty of time.

I have GMK’s, White Zombies, Pink Scepters, Fairy Farts, Captain Jerks, Bam Bam’s, Helter Skelters, they all grow very quickly but the stratosphere hasn’t popped out a new head yet.

CAEE0DB3-58E6-4A8A-ACB2-6BB57F5EEDB2.jpeg F46963D5-FD26-4E3C-B692-3577AAC6AD13.jpeg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if strats are similar in growth rate to exosphere, but I have (well…had) a exosphere mini colony of 25 polyps. Darn mini starfish ate away my colony and brought it down to the frag plug and left me with 8. After I took care of the zoa eating starfish (manual removal then bought a bounty hunter - harlequin shrimp) I’m back up to 14 after roughly 1.5 months.

OP
OP
Jeremy_d

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
direct feeding will help it grow/multiply quicker. do you target feed or broadcast feed?
Both. The day before water change day (weekly) I broadcast polyp booster (I know it doesn’t work for some but for me it’s been great), wait 10 min, then broadcast AB+ (again, a lot of people hate it, I love it), and then target feed reef roids, frozen mysis, and reef jerky. The mysis I feed to my big mouthed corals and the reef jerky and reef roids I target feed everyone else

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Both. The day before water change day (weekly) I broadcast polyp booster (I know it doesn’t work for some but for me it’s been great), wait 10 min, then broadcast AB+ (again, a lot of people hate it, I love it), and then target feed reef roids, frozen mysis, and reef jerky. The mysis I feed to my big mouthed corals and the reef jerky and reef roids I target feed everyone else
if it works, don’t fix it! haha

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back