Stratosphere and Grand Master Krakatoa

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the high price because of slow growth or difficulty of care compared to others? I want to know what I am getting into before I make the purchase.

I am starting a zoa garden in a 6 gallon cube on my desk and these two will be the first to go in and get set up before I start fragging zoas from my main display.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha impeccable timing! I just pulled the trigger on both of those- arriving tomorrow. Difficulty of care shouldnt be an issue as most zoas and palys are fairly resilient if they have appropriate nutrients in the system. Growth rate I imagine will be slow given the price tag. But I'll let you know how long it takes to start seeing new polyps!

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the high price because of slow growth or difficulty of care compared to others? I want to know what I am getting into before I make the purchase.

I am starting a zoa garden in a 6 gallon cube on my desk and these two will be the first to go in and get set up before I start fragging zoas from my main display.
I picked up a GMK with 3 heads and now I’m at 6. Not sure why the high price for them, maybe they were harder back in the day? I bought a start even though I’m not sure if it’s a real one but I’ve been seeing them get a LOT cheaper. I used to see them for $800+ a polyp but now I’m seeing them around $400 for 2 polyps at my LFS. (I didn’t buy mine from there, I bought them online). For my strat, I don’t see it being a fast grower. Had it roughly the same time as my GMK and still only 1 polyp. Another LFS has some and they said theirs grew 2 polyps in a month.

OP
OP
Jeremy_d

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i remember seeing the $850 pp for the strat zoa and it went to $500 pp and now I have an opportunity to get two polyps for $250, and the GMK is $100 for a like 8 polyps on this particular frag. The strat price hurts my feelings still but I can finally add them to my collection at that price.

OP
OP
Jeremy_d

Jeremy_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a GMK with 3 heads and now I’m at 6. Not sure why the high price for them, maybe they were harder back in the day? I bought a start even though I’m not sure if it’s a real one but I’ve been seeing them get a LOT cheaper. I used to see them for $800+ a polyp but now I’m seeing them around $400 for 2 polyps at my LFS. (I didn’t buy mine from there, I bought them online). For my strat, I don’t see it being a fast grower. Had it roughly the same time as my GMK and still only 1 polyp. Another LFS has some and they said theirs grew 2 polyps in a month.
From what I have heard the GMK is a fast grower. I am buying from someone local and am getting a good deal I feel like

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From what I have heard the GMK is a fast grower. I am buying from someone local and am getting a good deal I feel like
$100 for 8 I would say is a great deal. Same for the strats. I think when they were introduced to the hobby they were harder to adapt to the aquarium life but I think now with the amount of aquaculture’s corals the prices are dropping.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back