Strawberry shortcake bleached?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thatone08
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
you don't think you need a chiller ?
No, I’m in the Midwest, and the tank is in the basement. I had the temp turned up to 83 early on. I had Dino’s and read temp increase may help. It worked for me, but then turned it down. From then it hasn’t dropped below. Only one ai prime, so not anywhere close to producing a lot of heat from the light. My nem tank doesn’t get above 79. So I definitely think it’s the heater.
 
Light isn't the only heat source! The pumps and wavemaker are also contributing factors (along with ambient temperature).
I highly doubt temperature is your problem. I am running 78-80 and will get to 82-83 in the summer and haven't have any bleaching issues yet,
Turn down your heater and see if the temperature responds!
Also, move the frag to a lower area and see if it will regain colors?
 
No, I’m in the Midwest, and the tank is in the basement. I had the temp turned up to 83 early on. I had Dino’s and read temp increase may help. It worked for me, but then turned it down. From then it hasn’t dropped below. Only one ai prime, so not anywhere close to producing a lot of heat from the light. My nem tank doesn’t get above 79. So I definitely think it’s the heater.
Try a small clip on fan to help reduce the temp.
 
It’s a year old. No UV. Temp is 80. I am ordering a new heater, as it have turned it down to 76 but it won’t drop below 79.9.
Oh bother, I get this one OP, not sure but a temp controller may be cheaper than a new heater, unless the heater is cracked or damaged causing the temp to run away?
 
Oh bother, I get this one OP, not sure but a temp controller may be cheaper than a new heater, unless the heater is cracked or damaged causing the temp to run away?
I definitely need a controller. It’s on the list of everything else I “need” lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new