Strike two!

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I added my second anemone. Just like the first it stayed on the original rock that had a hole for its' foot for a few days. The first one tried different areas in the tank for a few days and then disappeared. The second one disappeared during its' first move. My tank is a Red Sea 350 so 73 gallons and has been running for about seven years. Has anyone else had an anemone just disappear? There are some places behind the rock that I can't see. I had a fish store check my water and all was well. Thanks to anyone who has experienced this or has a solution.

Grapefruit509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I added my second anemone. Just like the first it stayed on the original rock that had a hole for its' foot for a few days. The first one tried different areas in the tank for a few days and then disappeared. The second one disappeared during its' first move. My tank is a Red Sea 350 so 73 gallons and has been running for about seven years. Has anyone else had an anemone just disappear? There are some places behind the rock that I can't see. I had a fish store check my water and all was well. Thanks to anyone who has experienced this or has a solution.
3 RFA's Buried themselves in my pistol shrimps den and melted

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should probably be a thread where people who successfully keep nems for years can post pics of their tank and list their parameters and equipment so that maybe we can find common elements to helping others keep them safely.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back