stringy poo

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my new wrasse has white stringy poo--first I've ever seen. I have prazi and the directions of 1 teaspoon per 20 gal. I have 37 gal--a bit shy as water is down a couple inches. Just some pvc and plastic plants and very thin sand bed.

Do I dose just once and let it sit for 5 days, use carbon for a day or 2 and redose for another 5? Do I need to use carbon between? What about water changes? Changed about 4 gal today. A bit of ammonia in there. Also using stability and prime

Can I start the prazi right away, stop the other stuff first?

Have 2 clowns, 4 wrasses. One may not make it--looks to have a spinal injury. Turning powerhead off for a few hours here and there for it but keeping it on at night for surface agitation. Have 2 air stones going as well--surface breakup when power head is off.

all eating, even the guy with the injury--if he can get the food.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PraziPro treats "some" internal parasites; metro kills "all" internal parasites.
Metro + Focus + food = a nice pasty food you can keep in the fridge, and it will go directly to the gut. Treat for 10 days min.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you mix the metro etc. With frozen mysis? Or does it have to be flake? I assume with this I can keep with water changes? How about the use of stability and or prime? Should I also treat with prazi? I'm very new at qt. Managed to qt 2 fish who didn't need treatment (clowns)

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh, another question... Do you feed the metro/focus food just once or more. I'm feeding 3 x's day to be sure everyone is getting feed good. One fish is struggling with eating. So also adding cyclops and baby brine just hatched.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you mix the metro etc. With frozen mysis? Or does it have to be flake? I assume with this I can keep with water changes? How about the use of stability and or prime? Should I also treat with prazi? I'm very new at qt. Managed to qt 2 fish who didn't need treatment (clowns)
1 scoop of metro + 1 scoop of Focus (the binder) + 1 scoop of food (can be thawed frozen or flake/pellet, add a bit of water if necessary. You can store it in the fridge.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back