Struggling two feed two spot goby.

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 2 spot goby pair about 2 weeks ago now. they have lived under the rockwork for the majority of the time. the six line seems to dislike them and only them in the tank.

ive seen them eating occasionally but saw one of them tonight and he looked skinny. I'm concerned they're going to die from malnourishment, but not sure. I can't get to them where they are either to inspect them.

any tips? I purchased vitamins to enrich brine shrimp and try feeding them that near the holes to their hideout.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the six line is picking on them, than it could be stopping them from getting food. i would try some garlic, fish seem to like that

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Go online to acuaculture nursery farm (rusalty?) and order some amphipods and copepods and seed the tank and sump with them. That will allow them to hunt 24 hours and not only when feeding.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 dose copepods and amphipods. Two Spot gobies are sand sifters and eat pods. Brine might work but if they refuse prepared food your best bet is try to trap them and feed them in QT and then get them to start eating prepared before moving them.back to t DT. Six-lines can be agressive and bully new additions.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go online to acuaculture nursery farm (rusalty?) and order some amphipods and copepods and seed the tank and sump with them. That will allow them to hunt 24 hours and not only when feeding.
tank has been seeded with a few bottles of copepods. haven't put any amphipods in yet. I also dose phyto daily for the pods.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 dose copepods and amphipods. Two Spot gobies are sand sifters and eat pods. Brine might work but if they refuse prepared food your best bet is try to trap them and feed them in QT and then get them to start eating prepared before moving them.back to t DT. Six-lines can be agressive and bully new additions.
yeah trapping them is going to be extremely difficult which is what I'm trying to avoid. but honestly may not have another choice shortly.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back