Struggling with new RFA imports

SamGamOcean333

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2024
Messages
62
Reaction score
39
Location
Eerie PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like these yellow ones with occasional splatter that have been getting quite more popular and noticeable in the hobby since the Caribbean RFA bans. I assume they are Belize/DR deep water RFAs. I have tried 3-4 now over the course of 2 years, and they all eventually die after 1month - 1 year. I feel like it is not my fault because in these tanks I have plethora of healthy anemones. I am also really yet to see anyone with a RFA tank over a year have one of these in them.

Has anyone kept one of these alive for over 1-2 years? Any advice on dealing with RFAs from deep water, or Belize/DR? They seem to have an incredibly high mortality rate while the old Caribbean RFAs were near indestructible. Are they a different species entirely? Will they all breed together?

RFA anemones.jpg
 
Is there any way to dictate by morph where RFAs are coming from? Since the Caribbean bans it seems quite obvious to differentiate the new colorations and morphs that are coming in which are not the same as the old ones.

I have so many questions about RFA collection and it’s so difficult to find any answers.

- Are RFAs all over the reefs of the world?
- Have DR and Belize RFAs been in the hobby for a long time? Or just since Caribbean bans?
- Differences between shallow and deep water RFAs?
- Can RFAs from different areas breed successfully?

This is literally just a few.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new