Stuck Dos pump

DanC40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
Need some advice at the moment im stressing. Of course things happen when your away. Im on a week cruise and wont be back till. This sunday. So woke up this morning to my apex sending an alarm. Alk had risen too 11dkh. I checked the fusion app and under history the dos doser was set to dose 20 ml per day of all for reef. Well it ended up dosing 200ml in intervals of 1 hour or so. It emptied about 800ml of all for reef would have been more but i didnt fill it cause i though had enough. Im also running kalkwassee on the same doser. Currently set it off. My concern is that my trident readings for alk keep goint up. Even hours after i stopp3d all dosimg alk continu3w to climb. Im at 13.38dkh. I m pretty ticked cause how could the doser just decide to set a diffrent program. What can i do or should i do. I have a sitter but im hesitant to have him do anything but if i have to will guide him threw water change process. My tank is 180gallons mixed reef water is clear corals are all looking ok from what i can tell. Im thinking to let it do its thing stop dosing and let it ride hopefully it doesnt go to high. Has this happened to anyone. What did you do to lower. Any advice would be appreciated.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah Neptune. It's like when we were kids, or at least me in the 80's we were promised flying cars and hover boards. But no, we get Reef Computers that dose 200 instead of 20 whenever it chooses. That's why I opted for the low tech high tech way. I bought a box of smart plugs on amazon.

So are you dosing calcium too or was that just Kalk? Because you are going to be out of balance. Calcium might start dropping. I would just do a water change or two then start everything back up. Trial by fire for the tanksitter.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefdudes had a similar situation when he was away from his tank. Big water change and then just let it slowly go down on it's own.

OP
OP
DanC40

DanC40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose kalkwasser normally and small dose of all for reef is additional cause my allkk on just kalk. Would not stay stable would trend lower. Yeah I opened a ticket with Neptune to find out what the heck happened. I'm thinking if it stops going up to just leave it I would come down slowly as opposed to water change knocking it down quick. Alk
Is 13.38dkh. Calcium is high at 587ppm magnesium is within acceptable range.

OP
OP
DanC40

DanC40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah Neptune. It's like when we were kids, or at least me in the 80's we were promised flying cars and hover boards. But no, we get Reef Computers that dose 200 instead of 20 whenever it chooses. That's why I opted for the low tech high tech way. I bought a box of smart plugs on amazon.

So are you dosing calcium too or was that just Kalk? Because you are going to be out of balance. Calcium might start dropping. I would just do a water change or two then start everything back up. Trial by fire for the tanksitter.
I'm still waiting for the hover boards. Lol they lied to us dang back 2 the future

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back