Stuff growing on zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter fatarw05
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fatarw05

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zoas have been closed the past week and I’ve been seeing these reddish/brown little flower looking stuff growing on them. What is it? What can I do to get rid of it so my zoas can be happy again? Sorry for the not great photos.



IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

IMG_6072.jpeg
 
do you have any white light photos as this can make it much easier to identify
Sorry for the late response I wasn’t home for a few days. Here’s some somewhat better photos under whites. They look like tiny star polyps.



IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg
 
To me, blurry but looks like baby clove polyps.
Fast multiplier, remove as they will outpace your zoos.
Ensure no Aptasia mixed in there as well. Not saying I see that pest, but, it shows up a lot when corals retract.
 
Alrighty thank you so much!
To me, blurry but looks like baby clove polyps.
Fast multiplier, remove as they will outpace your zoos.
Ensure no Aptasia mixed in there as well. Not saying I see that pest, but, it shows up a lot when corals retract.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new