Stylocoeniella ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SYDSoftie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SYDSoftie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, newish reefer here. I picked up what I think is a Stylocoeniella frag about 2-3 month ago. I've never seen this before and it seems to be a graft of two different varieties so I'm having some trouble ID'ing it. It's actually doing really well and is encrusting most of the frag plug (don't have any recent pictures and I'm at work). It's polyps have also become really dense and super bushy. First picture of of it with polyps retracted, the second is an old one with polyps out (please excuse the hair algae, that's since been taken care of). If anyone has any information or knowledge to impart that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

25E47A14-37AD-47B1-B044-5971BC6C2482_1_105_c.jpeg
25F6165E-F659-4388-BC2A-9F9D2559BFAD_1_105_c.jpeg
 
Kinda looks like WWC Two-Face (but I could be wrong)
 
Kinda looks like WWC Two-Face (but I could be wrong)
That seems so. That's interesting because I'm pretty sure this example is wild collected (in Australia so coral import is very rare). Not sure if this the result of chimerism, artificially grafted, or something that is naturally occurring
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new