Styrofoam?

LakeCityReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see a lot of people putting styrofoam between the aquarium and stand. What's the pros or cons to this?
 
As I understand it, if your floor or your stand are not level the styrofoam Wil squish more where it's uneven but it helps relieve unequal pressure on the tank.
 
Okay I heard 40 breeder have to be good and level or the tank breaks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new