Substrate in Frag Tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter KSReefing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KSReefing

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
708
Reaction score
518
Location
Lenexa, Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone out there how do people feel about substrate in a frag tank.

I'm getting ready to start building my stand for 40 gallon breeder I'm gonna use for a frag tank. I will have a 20 long sump along with it.

I've heard of some people using it and the others are bare bottom.

Any input would be great.
 
I don't use substrate. If you have a good refugium, you should t really need it. If you plan on setting coral in the sand bed then use it. It's really personal preference. Your tank won't be shallow so no real need to worry about dust storms. I'm sure it will look good either way. Good luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new