Suggestion for pump

DallasJohn210

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2010
Messages
95
Reaction score
7
Location
Dallas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an external Milwaukee commercial pump off my sump to my 210 gal reef tank.

I want to switch to submersible...the commercial pump makes a too much noise!!

Any suggestions for best quality, etc....please PM me.

If anyone has a new condition or new GREAT pump for sale...please PM me.

THanks

John
 
If you tell us how many gallons per hour your current pump does, it will allow us to match it up better.

That said Mag pumps are usually very reliable.
 
I agree, what range of GPH are you looking for? I have heard good things about the Mag drives but IMHO they use a lot of power.
 
I used to run a couple mag 24's on my 450. I found out they cost about $15.00 a month to run each one and add about a degree of heat to the system but a very reliable. I went with a Reeflo barracuda to eliminate that heat. I have them laying around incase you want to buy them. send me a pm if interested.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new