Suggestions for connecting and controlling a single GYRE pump

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have become a huge fan of GYRE pumps, and I've found ways of getting all the flow I want/need with a single GYRE. Presently I turn on/off a single GYRE pump in each tank using a smart plug on schedules. I would like to at least replicate that with my new Hydros system, but do it without dropping the additional $300 on the Hydros Wave.

Is there already a solution that provides similar functionality to the WAVE for just one pump?
I don't mind buying a different brand GYRE for the new setup because I have to buy another GYRE for it anyway.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't know if this is what you're after as your question isn't entirely clear.
i ran a single maxspect gyre for a bit on my 120g (i now run 2). a 24 hour schedule is programmable with the supplied controller. this means if you choose, you're able to decide exactly what you want it to do and for how long.
i assume you're trying to run a gyre but avoid buying the controller to run it??

OP
OP
DaddyFish

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't know if this is what you're after as your question isn't entirely clear.
i ran a single maxspect gyre for a bit on my 120g (i now run 2). a 24 hour schedule is programmable with the supplied controller. this means if you choose, you're able to decide exactly what you want it to do and for how long.
i assume you're trying to run a gyre but avoid buying the controller to run it??
Correct. As I see it now, if you want to be able to do anything more than turn the gyre On/Off on a schedule, you must either purchase the Maxspect controller or the Hydros WAVE controller?
I was wondering if anyone is doing anything DIY or otherwise, with using a 0-10v port to modulate dc power to a single gyre?
My tanks are in very different areas of the house, including a basement garage. So a WAVE would be a lot of money spent (3x or 4x times over) to control a single gyre at each tank.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. As I see it now, if you want to be able to do anything more than turn the gyre On/Off on a schedule, you must either purchase the Maxspect controller or the Hydros WAVE controller?
I was wondering if anyone is doing anything DIY or otherwise, with using a 0-10v port to modulate dc power to a single gyre?
ok makes sense now.
there may be a way to do exactly what you're saying via a breakout box and writing code for your apex. that being said, there is something to be said for simplistic programming, expandability and overall fit and finish of a controller.
i do get it though, some people find as much joy in jimmying their own electronics. i'm just not that guy :)

Back